Wednesday, May 20, 2009

OK, OK, I Give Up!

No more Gitmo photos. No more Abu Ghirab.

I know, I posted that I was going to post one every day until I ran out of pictures. But the photos are so horrendous, I am sick of them. I can't look at them anymore. I can't post any more. These photos are a kind of torture in their own right.

Imagine what the detainees endured. And imagine what the military and civilians endured, those whose job it was to "break" these prisoners. I can only begin to imagine the horror of being held in Gitmo or Abu Ghirab or some CIA secret prison somewhere and being treated the way these people were treated. And I can only imagine being the people who were ordered to deal with the prisoners in such a cruel, inhuman way.

I would bet that prisoners and torturers alike have nightmares for the rest of their lives. For those of you who with to see what has been done to other human beings by official representatives of the United States of America, go to the Raw Story site. It is beyond disgusting.

0 comments: